60 DAY CHALLENGE
MBG TRAINING BASICS
HOW TO TEST AT THE START, AT DAY 30 AND DAY 60
Part of your Massive Action Plan and goal setting, is knowing where you are at when you first get started. On Day 1 of the Challenge, you’ll be doing a few assessment workouts to find your numbers.
- Push Ups – 1 set of as many as possible (AMAP)
- First start with regular pushups. If you cannot complete 1 rep with good form, then do 1 set of knee pushups. If you cannot do 1 rep, then do 1 set of Elevated Pushups
- More advanced, add weight
- Chin Ups – 1 set of as many as possible
- If you cannot do 1 full Chin Up, then do an assisted using either JGXT or feet on a box
- 2 Minutes of as many reps as possible of:
- Jump Rope or Airdyne or Rower or Run (track distance)
BASE Alignment Test –
- Sots Press OR Overhead Squat – using a stick or kettlebells
- Your baseline is how heavy you can go OR if not using weight, how low you can squat before breaking form
Body Fat Test –
- The easiest way to test your body at at home is to use the US Navy Body Fat Calculator. Use a flexible measuring tape (or a string/cloth with a rule) to measure:
- Men: Waist (at navel) and Neck (at narrowest)
- Women: Waist (at narrowest), Hip (at widest), and Neck (at narrowest)
- Then put those numbers along with weight, age, and height and you’ll get a closer approximation.
- We also highly recommend taking a before picture with minimal or tight-fitting clothing. The numbers are nice to have, but what really want to see is visual change. By the end of the challenge you’ll see some massive differences!